June 30, 2017

One last blog post...

The Beyond Boston Blogging program actually concluded last week... but I'm aware there are some people following along with my blog and I feel like I have an obligation for one last blog post to wrap things up.

I'm heading back to Boston on Monday after more than 6 months of living in Belize. This has been the most incredible opportunity of my life and I am incredibly grateful for the endless inspiration, countless learning experiences, and most of al, the love of my Belizean family. I won't soon forget the blue water around the docks of Caye Caulker, or the lemon meringue pie from Boiton's, or the way the rainy season breeze cuts through the humid rainforest air.

I'm not ready to go back-I'm not sure that I would ever necessarily be "ready" to return to the states. I am glad to at least be able to continue my art back at home and return to the rock climbing gym where I work part time. I have quite a few projects I'm already working on that I'm excited to share with friends and family:







These last few days are going by at warp speed and I just want to stop for a moment to soak it all in. One thing is for sure though- I will be back in Belize some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment